View all Educational Programs
Busy Bees Educational Activity Kit
Did you know the smallest farm animal plays the greatest role in food production? Your kindergarten and primary students will learn all about bees with this Busy Bees educational activity kit. Through worksheets and activities such as colouring, game playing, storytelling, planting, and baking, your students will learn:
- about honeybees and their life cycle
- what pollination is and how plants produce seeds and fruit
- about beekeeping and how honey is produced
- about the products and by-products of beekeeping
- how to make lip balm from honey
- how to cultivate melliferous plants from seeds to provide pollinating insects with food
This comprehensive kit includes links to science and technology, language, mathematics, and arts curriculum requirements.
For additional learning opportunities and fun, test your students’ new knowledge by participating in the Busy Bees school program at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum.
|Junior Kindergarten||Science and Technology||Preschool||Competency 1 – To perform sensorimotor actions effectively in different contexts|
|Language||Competency 3 – To interact harmoniously with others|
|Personal and Social Development||Competency 4 – To communicate using the resources of language|
|Competency 5 – To construct his/her understanding of the world|
|Grade 1||Science and Technology – Understanding Life Systems||Primary Cycle 1||Science and Technology – To explore the world of science and technology|
|Science and Technology – Understanding Earth and Space Systems||Primary Cycle 2||Science and Technology, Competency 2 – To make the most of scientific and technological tools, objects, and procedures|
|Grade 2||Science and Technology – Understanding Life Systems|
|Grade 3||Science and Technology – Understanding Life Systems|
New! Bee Odyssey mobile game
Are you a teacher or an educator?
You could win the chance to receive a limited edition, classroom-ready version of the mobile game to supplement your lessons. Sign up for the chance to receive the teacher version here!
Bee related videos:
- Meet the Queen Bee at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- Hive maintenance at the Canada Agriculture Museum
- Harvesting Honey with Lynn Crawford