For immediate release
October 21, 2011
A Barnyard Halloween at the Canada Agriculture Museum
The Canada Agriculture Museum presents its annual Barnyard Halloween Party from October 29th to 30th. The whole family can enjoy a trick-or-treat scavenger hunt through the barns, fun games, and a costume parade around the Museum grounds. Make caramel apples and a sweet pumpkin treats. For an additional dollar, decorate your own pumpkin to take home with you this Halloween. This weekend, enjoy a perfect family outing at the Canada Agriculture Museum.
October 29th to 30th 2011
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Canada Agriculture Museum
Prince of Wales Drive, Ottawa
• Caramel Apple Making: Learn how this fall fruit is linked to Halloween and treat yourself to a sample. Recipes will be available to take home.
• Costume Parade: Take part in the costume parade and show off your costume to everyone in attendance.
• Guess the Mystery Objects: Take the challenge and guess what the mystery objects are by touch alone. Beware though, on Halloween visitors should be extra careful…
• Scavenger Hunt: Experience the farm and the spooky occasion during the trick-or-treat Scavenger Hunt through the barns and exhibitions.
• Pumpkin Decorating: Children can decorate a pumpkin with craft materials and bring their creation home. ($1)
For more information, please visit our Visitor Information page or call 613-991-3053.
Communications and Marketing Officer