Refine by Type +-
201 Results for [ Canada ]
- Canadian Women of Innovation — Virtual Exhibitioncafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/exhibition-canadian-women-of-innovation.phpSee the contribution women have made to Canadian science and technology in the Canadian Women of Innovation virtual exhibition.
- Adrien Grenier, Manitobacafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/canadas-family-farmers-grenier-mb.phpWe are hog producers in St Labre, a small farming community in southeast Manitoba. The year 2000 marked the centennial of the first Grenier to settle in the area.
- Daily demonstrations in Novembercafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/event-daily-demos-november-23-27.phpDaily demonstrations in November at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
- World Food Daycafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/event-world-food-day.phpExplore the Museum’s barns, exhibitions, and collection to learn about where your food comes from. Participate in the October daily demonstrations and special programing to celebrate World Food Day.
- Museum Cooks Up a Partnership with Celebrity Chef Lynn Crawford!cafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/partnership-with-celebrity-chef-lynn-crawford.phpThe Canada Agriculture and Food Museum is thrilled to announce that renowned chef, Food Network star and author Lynn Crawford is now an official Museum ambassador.
- Jackie Milne, Northwest Territoriescafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/canadas-family-farmers-milne-nt.phpMy farm is three acres. It’s not fully under cultivation. I have cleared and garden beds in about half an acre, plus the greenhouses, which are 5,000 square feet. I also have a large animal area because I have two pigs and chickens and rabbits.
- Tom Rudge, Aurora Mountain Farm, Yukoncafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/canadas-family-farmers-rudge-yukon.phpOur family operates Aurora Mountain Farm, 35 kilometres northwest of Whitehorse, Yukon, in the Takhini River valley. Started in 2000, our property covers 160 acres, all of which is covered under our organic certification.
- Yvan Bastien, Ferme Geobastien, Quebeccafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/canadas-family-farmers-bastien-qc.phpI operate an average-size dairy farm with 86 hectares and 50 cows at Sainte‑Anne- des‑Plaines in the Laurentian region of Quebec. I grow forage crops, silage corn, and mixed grain (oats, wheat, peas) as fodder for the cows.
- Brian Atkinson, Atkinson International, Ontariocafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/canadas-family-farmers-atkinson-on.phpWe have five farms, which altogether consist of over 725 acres, but some of that acreage is not workable. We’re located between Stayner and Base Borden, in a little town called New Lowell.
- Food Day Canadacafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/event-food-day-canada.phpAugust 2, 2014 is Food Day Canada – a chance for all Canadians to join hands in a celebration of farmers and fishers; chefs and researchers; and home cooks and foodies.