Refine by Type +-
202 Results for [ Food literacy initiative ]
- Food Literacy Initiativecafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/food-literacy-initiative.phpPutting together a Food Science National Advisory Committee (FSNAC) has enabled the Museum to develop a new food science exhibition as well as food literacy programs for audiences in the National Capital Region and across Canada.
- Canadian Agricultural Literacy Weekcafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/event-canadian-agricultural-literacy-week.phpCanadian Agriculture Literacy Week is an initiative of Agriculture in the Classroom across Canada to raise student awareness about Canadian Agriculture.
- Museum Teams with Nestlé Canada to Celebrate International Chefs Day!cafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/museum-teams-with-nestle-canada-to-celebrate-international-chefs-day.phpAs part of its Healthy Kids Global Program, Nestlé offered a hands-on workshop at the Museum teaching students in grades 2 and 3 how to make kid-friendly recipes, including a smoothie and a dip for veggies.
- On your next PD day, join us in the kitchen to celebrate World Chef Daycafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/event-world-chef-day.phpOn Friday October 9 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., the Museum will be hosting a workshop on cooking and healthy eating for children ages 5 to 9.
- Food Preservation: The Science You Eatcafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/exhibition-food-preservation.phpWith a pinch of history and a dash of myth busting, Food Preservation: The Science You Eat highlights the role science plays in delaying food decay and keeping food nutritious and safe from farm to fork.
- Face the Wastecafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/event-face-the-waste.phpHow often do you let perfectly edible food go uneaten? Join the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum for an entertaining and informative evening on the farm and get ready to Face the Waste.
- Museum Cooks Up a Partnership with Celebrity Chef Lynn Crawford!cafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/partnership-with-celebrity-chef-lynn-crawford.phpThe Canada Agriculture and Food Museum is thrilled to announce that renowned chef, Food Network star and author Lynn Crawford is now an official Museum ambassador.
- Taste of Science — Travelling Exhibitioncafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/exhibition-taste-of-science-travelling.phpHave you ever wondered why food spoils? A Taste of Science highlights the role science plays in delaying food decay and keeping food nutritious and safe for us to eat.
- Potash: Feeding the Worldcafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/exhibition-potash-feeding-the-world.phpDid you know that Canada has the world’s largest potash deposits, located deep beneath the Earth’s surface? From mine to field to fork, explore how Canada helps feed the world.
- Canning demonstration: September 30cafmhttp://cafmuseum.techno-science.ca/en/whats-on/event-can-you-can-september-2015.phpCurious about canning and preserving food? Join Chef Emerie Brine of Bernardin Ltd while he demonstrates how easy it is to preserve harvest fruits and vegetables and turn them into corn relish, and freezer jam.