March - Maple Month
|9:30 a.m.||Meet the Chickens — Small Animal Barn|
|10:00 a.m.||Bread Making — Demonstration Kitchen|
|10:30 a.m.||All about Milk— Dairy Barn|
|11:00 a.m.||Cooking with Maple Syrup — Demonstration Kitchen|
|11:30 a.m.||Meet the Sheep and Goats — Small Animal Barn|
|12:00 a.m.||Butter Making and Tasting — Demonstration Kitchen|
|1:30 p.m.||Bread Making— Demonstration Kitchen|
|2:00 p.m.||Rabbit Care— Small Animal Barn|
|2:30 p.m.||Cooking with Maple Syrup – Demonstration Kitchen|
|3:00 p.m.||Meet the Horses — Horse and Cattle Barn|
|4:00 p.m.||Afternoon Milking — Dairy Barn|
Daily demonstrations are subject to change without notice.
Find your way around the farm with this colourful, easy-to-read map (PDF).
Additional Demonstrations for Barnyard Break
- February 25 to March 5 and March 11 to 19
In the Learning Centre – 2nd Floor:
- Maple Taffy on the snow at 10:15, 11:15, 1:15, and 3:15
- Children’s Story and Craft at 11:45 and 2:15
Thursday March 9th – Maple Workshop with Celebrity Chef Lynn Crawford
- From 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. - This event has sold out.
Saturday March 11th – Algonquin Cuisine with Chef Cezin Nottaway
- Maple Toffee from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Saturday March 18th – Lumberjack and Plaid Day
- Pancake Morning – In the Learning Centre, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- McGill University Woodsmen Team – Outdoor demonstration at 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Big Joe from the Ottawa RedBlacks will be on site between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
Saturday March 25th – Pancake Morning
- Enjoy pancakes served from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. today.
Back to top