Family Gingerbread House Contest
#1) The Maloney Family
Title: My Family gingerbread Farm
#2) The Gaudet Family
Title: Santa's Village
#3 The Neill Family
Title: Sugar Loaf Farm
Thank you to all participants for your beautiful houses!
You are invited to enter our Gingerbread House Contest for Families. Bring us your uniquely decorated gingerbread house for your chance to win a special prize! All gingerbread houses will be displayed and judged during our Holiday Programming from December 26 to January 3. Visitors will be voting for their favourite house and the top three winners will each receive a special prize.
1st prize: A Birthday Party Package at the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum ($165 value – for children aged 3 to 12 years old)
2nd prize: A one year Household Membership for the Canada Science and Technology Museums Corporation ($90 value)
3rd prize: A special gift basket for the whole family including a family board game ($50 value)
Rules and Regulations
- Houses will be judged on creativity and overall look. Winners will be contacted by phone and announced on our website on Friday, January 8, 2016.
- Only 1 house per family will be accepted. The size of the Gingerbread House is to be no larger than 18 in x
18 in x 18 in(45 cm x 45 cm x 45 cm).
- Registration is free. All participants are required to fill out the attached entry form.
- Entry forms must be dropped off with the gingerbread houses at the Museum’s admission booth on Prince of Wales Drive on any Wednesday to Sunday from December 16 to December 20 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Please note: the Museum is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays)
- Participants must pick their houses up at the Museum the weekend of January 9-10, 2016 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The houses will be disposed of after that time if not picked up.
- The Museum is not responsible for damage or loss of entries incurred while in our possession, although every reasonable care will be taken with each entry.
Contest Entry Form
If you have any questions please contact Jamie Reardon at 613-230-2770 ext. 2006.
Get the family together and start building! Have fun creating your special project.